Thursday, May 9, 2013

Blog 24: Exit Interview Questions

(1) What is your essential question? What is the best answer to your question and why?
My essential question is "What is the best way to set up a computer system that meets the technological needs of a clothing and accessories business?"

My best answer to this question is to implement the EDI system. This is because the EDI system allows for the most optimum performance of a company dealing in this area–usually decreasing costs by up to 80%.

(2) What process did you take to arrive at this answer?

I simply observed the differences between companies during mentorship and noted the applications each one used in order to achieve optimum performance.

(3) What problems did you face? How did you resolve them?

The main problem I faced this year was obtaining research.  I feel like initially I didn't know what was expected of the research I was supposed to get and that held me back from obtaining the research to the best of my abilities.

(4) What are the two most significant sources you used to answer your essential question and why?

My most significant source is my mentorship with Robert Kellohen.  This allowed me to see what happens while working in the industry and allowed me to come to two of my answers.

My second most significant source is Tech Republic.  This website sent me constant newsletters regarding the tech industry and assisted me in providing a constant source of articles. The articles were better here mainly because they were not all from Tech Republic–they would link me to trusted external websites that I could also use as a source of information such as ZDNet.

(5) What is your product and why?

My product is that I have obtained experience in dealing with customers of this industry and knowledge that I did not have before even though I had felt that I was already familiar with this business.  Through my independent component one, I learned how to wire serial cables which I had early-on believed to be an easy process of just matching the cables to one another. However, I was surprised to find out that each of the devices that used serial cables needed to be wired differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment